1. Contribute by BACS and we receive 100% of your donation.
Add your email address below and we will send you our bank details.
2. By Cheque made out to: Wells Carnival Ltd and send c/o Angles, 7 Invaders Court, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1JW
3. Make a donation on-line using PayPal or your credit/debit card by clicking the button below.
What’s it all about
Wells-next-the-Sea in the heart of North Norfolk enjoys a traditional summer Carnival for residents and visitors. A week of family fun and events including a Carnival Day procession around the town featuring floats, fancy-dress, pull-and push-along vehicles and much more. Traditional seaside activities include a sand-castle competition, town crier competition, gillying on the quay and the crowning of the Carnival Royals.
Wells Carnival is a not-for-profit organisation run by a team of hardworking volunteers who live in or near the town of Wells-next-the-Sea, on the beautiful North Norfolk coast. The event has been taking place annually at the beginning of August for well over 90 years. The Carnival, which was originally known as the Wells Regatta was just a one day event and the earliest programme we have is for Saturday 24th July, 1926 (unless you have an earlier one). Over the years the event has grown and the carnival committee ‘Crew’ (they wear the fuchsia pink T.shirts) now organise more than 100 events over the 10 days of Carnival.
We endeavour to provide entertainment for all ages: a teddy bears picnic for the little ones, raft race and funrun for the energetic plus painting and sandcastle competitions for the artistic. We also put on history walks and various workshops plus live music over 6 nights along with the ever popular Screen on the Green. The event culminates on the 2nd Saturday with the main Carnival event, including fancy dress competitions, a parade around the town and a spectacular music event in the evening.
Due to Covid-19, the Carnival was cancelled – we had a virtual one instead.
Click to see what we did.
Dates: Friday 30th July – Sunday 8th August inclusive:
Carnival 2021 begins in :-
Dates: Friday 29th July – Sunday 7th August inclusive:
We will have Wells Carnival wrist bands for 2020 – a different design to our usual ones, as this year’s Carnival will clearly be different.
Our wristbands acknowledge the incredible work carried out by our NHS workers. The bands are £1.50 each with all profits to go to NHS Charities Together.
There are various ways you can purchase the wristbands:
1) From our wonderful Wells Post Office in Station Road – please adhere to social distancing when purchasing.
2) Send a cheque payable to Wells Carnival Ltd., for £1.50 per wristband plus £1 p&p (this covers the cost of p&p for up to 20 wristbands) to: Wells Carnival wristbands, c/o Remus, Bases Lane, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk NR23 1DH (don’t forget to include your postal address)
3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and the number of wristbands and we will confirm the amount due and how to pay by BACS.
Wells Carnival have on offer Wells-next-the-Sea car stickers. These will be on sale during Carnival week, from our merchandise stall, with all proceeds going directly towards funding the event.
If you can’t wait ‘till then just send us a cheque (payable to Wells Carnival Ltd.) for £1.00 per sticker plus a S.A.E. to:
Wells Carnival Car Sticker,
c/o Angles, 7 Invaders Court
Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1JW
(please make sure you enclose a stamped, addressed envelope plus a note indicating which sticker you would like – ‘crabs’ or ‘love’).
Alternatively make a donation (click on the Donate button above) for a minimum of £2.00 (to incl. P & P) and we will pop in the post to you. Additional stickers £1.00 each.
Don’t forget to state which sticker you would like – if you forget just email through a message to: email@example.com